The last few days since being in here I’ve been working hard to try and keep my weight up. Overall I can’t complain about the hospital food because honestly any time I don’t have to cook for myself is a treat.
That being said I’ve been having some pretty intense cravings in the last day or so. Unfortunately all of my cravings seem to be for foods that I can only get back home on the east coast.
- Crispy chicken wrap with French fries and honey mustard from Friendly’s
- Doughnuts from The Holy Donut in Maine
- Bar room style pizza, preferably pineapple bacon, but truly any pizza from Spencer’s Pizza
- New England style clam chowder especially from Scarlet Oak Tavern
- Ben and Jerry’s New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream or anything from Peaceful Meadows or Heidi’s
- Any of my mom’s baking no matter how pretty or not it looks. It is always made with love
- A real meatball sub covered in mozzarella cheese top and bottom on a toasted bun
These are all fairly simple cravings but man when you are far away from what you want, it definitely makes you want it more. As a survivor of a long distance relationship I am very familiar with the phrase “absence makes the heart grow fonder” and this holds true for food too!
I couldn’t help myself so I’ve attached a bunch of images of the yummy food I’m craving. Sorry if it gets your mouth watering.